What do I need to bring to my tax appointment?
- Forms 1095 A/B/C to prove insurance coverage (required for all on return but penalty removed)
- Forms W-2 and 1099-NEC for wages and self-employment income
- Forms 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, & 1099-B for interest, dividends, and sales of stock
- Forms 1099-G for unemployment, state refunds / other government payments
- Gambling Income from Forms W-2G and proof of gambling losses
- Forms 1099-R for retirement (401K/IRA) & Form 1099-SSA for Social Security
- Other sources of income
- Mortgage interest (Form 1098) and proof of property taxes for 2020 paid in 2021
- Medical expenses over 10% of total income (All taxpayers who itemize – Schedule A)
- List of charitable contributions. This includes amounts in both money (cash/check) and goods donated. Remember that donations over certain limits require letters from the organization. See IRS on the links page, and access Pub 526
- Details of self-employment, rental, or other income, including income and expenses by category.
- Form 1098-T from college or university, and a list of amounts paid in 2021 for tuition, books, and other related expenses. You will also need a list of financial aid you received. You can get this information from the school bursar’s office and website.
- Low-income clients qualifying for the EITC will need to provide 2 items of written proof that their children lived here in the U.S. with them for more than half the year. This proof must show the child’s name & address and must also show dates in 2021. This is the law, and no deviations will be allowed.
- Checkbook or account info (routing and account numbers) for direct deposit
- IRS notices of Advance Child Tax Credits or Stimulus Payments
- Valid IDs for ALL taxpayers and spouses (Including prior clients)
- Anything else you are not sure of (Bring it just in case and ask us!)
- **Finally, all new clients must bring original social security cards or ITIN letters for every person on their tax return.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you have a tax-related question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP.
Monday: 9am – 9pm
Tuesday: 9am – 9pm
Wednesday: 9am – 9pm
Thursday: 9am – 9pm
Friday: 9am – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm